Part Five of Five
THE ANTI-LIBERAL LIST
Broken Down into Five Parts
Twenty Statements Each
|Two more faces of liberalism|
[When first presented we recommend treating this as a TRUE and FALSE Quiz, then asked for elaboration on any point or points in particular. Now we’re revealing answers of our own to which you are invited to respond as fully and furiously as you like. ~ FT]
82. Liberals automatically regard anyone who opposes them as a radical trouble maker and potential Enemy of the State.
FT: True –– but certainly not all liberals –– mostly their leaders –– but then we must acknowledge that many conservatives feel exactly that way about liberals. could both be right?
83. Liberals consider it a rightful duty to publish the names of law-abiding gun owners, but would quickly label it a violation of their Civil Rights if the addresses of all welfare recipients, known felons, and recipients of an abortion were published.
FT: True of some but by no mans all. This is a cheap shot –– a witless attempt to exploit the recent folly of New York newspaper to injure the reputation of a large segment of the population.
84. Liberals dream of the day when taxes become so high that you get to keep nothing from your paycheck. Instead of money, the government would issue you stamps or coupons redeemable at government-controlled supply depots for whatever the government decides you ought to have –– depending on availability, of course.
FT: True for those aiming at full-blown Communism, but few liberals realize –– or want to admit –– their beliefs tend to lead us in just that direction.
85. Liberals like to blame a certain race for unfair treatment in the distant past of another certain race for whatever violent crime that race currently commits.
FT: True –– maybe –– but the coy manner in which this is stated is frankly nauseating.
86. Liberals hope eventually to make cash illegal, and prohibit the ownership of diamonds, rubies, emeralds, pearls, plus gold, silver, platinum or any other precious metal in more than token amounts.
FT: False, but it wouldn't surprise me a bit if it turned out to be true in the long run. They forbade the use of gold as legal tender a long time ago, and stopped making silver coins with silver in the 1960's. Our currency now has no intrinsic value whatsoever. We live on fiat money.
87. Liberals say they can’t abide criminal profiling, but continually indulge in the practice where anyone who declares himself a patriot, who believes in the Constitution, who is active on behalf of the Christian religion and wants to keep and bear arms for his own protection and that of his family and close associates is concerned.
FT: False -- I hope. This may just be a canard. I've heard the assertion repeated frequently, but don't know anyone, personally, who has ever been subjected to any such treatment at the hands of the authorities.
88. Liberals blindly accept anything written by liberal professors, liberal news analysts as fact.
FT: True. Liberals believe in liberalism, or they wouldn't be liberals, would they?
89. Liberals have created Food Police to make sure you can’t be served what they deem bad for your health or too great a quantity.
FT: True. Mayor Bloomberg, New York City's Nanny-in-Residence, comes most easily to mind when searching for an example. There are thousands of others just like him –– and worse –– waiting in the wings.
90. Liberals want to abolish states rights and put everyone under the direct control of an increasingly strong central Government whose policies are bound to become more and more arbitrary and less and less subject to democratic control.
FT: False in the sense that this has never been one of their openly stated aims, but current political trends certainly appear to be moving in that direction. Besides, state's rights –– as conceived by the Founding Fathers –– were effectively killed off long ago –– by Abraham Lincoln.
91. Liberal activists tend to be fanatical and intensely self-righteous about their pet causes, and thus become quite capable of insane over-reaction when someone disturbs something on the order of a bat cave or the habitat of some rare breed of mouse, but enthusiastically support the right of a mother to kill her unborn baby.
FT: True. Their priorities seem very bizarre, indeed, –– to conservatives.
92. Liberals, who early on were most easily recognized by their rude, disruptive tactics, outlandish appearance, and fiery, accusatory rhetoric have lately become better dressed, and have adopted a more urbane, civilized, blandly reasonable tone to make themselves appear less threatening and more in control.
FT: True. The era of the Coat and Tie Brooks Brothers-Style Liberal has arrived. The ragged, unkempt, ill clad, unwashed, "Mansonesque" look is "out" at last –– but don't let the change in costume fool you. The mentality beneath the new facade has not changed.
93. Liberals have little or no morality, and behave wildly on animalistic impulses, while favoring bizarre, grotesque, obscene and morbidly self-destructive practices.
FT: False. That may be true of a highly visible, highly vocal element among them, but as a broad general statement it is libellous.
94. Liberals would prefer all voting precincts to be set up within 500 feet of a welfare office.
FT: False. That's horse shit!
95. Liberals lend full support to the movies that celebrate extreme violence, Sadomasochism and other perverted forms of behavior, yet try to take away the rights of decent family-oriented people to their freedom of expression, self-determination, and self defense in real life.
FT: False, but given the vile nature of pop culture since the 1960's I can well understand why many would think it the case. Just look at what has happened to the movies and the television industry, if you want proof.
96. Liberals have no qualms about using the graves of gunshot victims like a soapbox to shout anti-gun rhetoric at a nation still reeling and staggering from the shock of sudden tragic loss by violence. This cynical seizure of every sad, regrettable, unsettling event to use as an opportunity to further the liberal advance toward despotism is contemptible in the extreme.
FT: False and True, but again there is a highly visible, highly vocal element among those on the left that make it all too easy to believe it might be true. The second sentence very sadly has much truth in it. "Never waste a crisis" is a well-known motto of the left.
97. Liberals would undoubtedly love to have a GPS implanted in everyone’s hand or head in order to render escape from Big Brother physically impossible.
FT: True. Liberals have been busy attempting to fulfill Orwell's dystopian vision for more than a century.
98. Liberals fully believe in equal opportunity employment for fellow liberals. Non union members need not apply.
FT: True –– at least for unionists –– and most liberals are highly sympathetic to unionism.
99. Liberals would be comfortable with classifying anyone and everyone who refuses to submit to liberal-style Command and Control as a dangerous lunatic who should be relegated to a State-controlled mental institution.
FT: False –– right now –– but it could easily come to that, if liberals continue to hold sway virtually unopposed, as they have since Ronald Reagan left the oval office. Remember, at heart –– and in effect –– they are either crypto-Marxists or "useful idiots" in valiant service thereto.
100. Liberals have no idea the value of money and will spend themselves, their country, and the world into bankruptcy, and the poverty and despair that inevitably must follow.
FT: True –– or so it would appear to non-liberals.