Part One of Five
THE ANTI-LIBERAL LIST
Broken Down into Five Parts
Twenty Statements Each
|One of liberalism's many faces
1. Liberals want to suffocate you with ever increasing laws and regulations.
FT: True and False both. That may not be their primary intention, but their efforts produce results that certainly feel that could be the case.
2. Liberals care more about the criminals than the victims of crime.
FT: True and False both. The move to treat prisoners more humanely started out as a good thing, but it's gone much too far.
3. Liberals want to imprison someone defending himself longer than the criminal who commits the crime.
FT: False. Although the idea of prosecuting anyone for defending him, her, or itself from attack of any kind seems absurd. In every case the attacker is to blame.
4. Liberals detest free thought and are extremely narrow minded.
FT: So it would seem –– to conservatives –– but liberals would say the same of us, so it's a stalemate.
5. Liberals want NO ONE to be able to defend himself with any weapon at all.
FT: False. That's much too broad a statement.
6. Liberals will lawyer you to death.
FT: True. It could easily be said they have literally sued their way to ascendancy.
7. Liberals hate ALL firearms and guns, stun devices, pepper sprays, knives, any type of self defense.
FT: False. They don't mind your having those devices –– in quantities and degrees of quality they monitor and tightly control –– they just don't want you to use them.
8. Liberals are extremely stupid and have no desire not to be stupid.
FT: False. That in itself is an incredibly stupid assertion. Liberals are among the smartest people in the world. If you don't believe it, just ask them.
9. Liberals want to circumvent and subvert the U.S. Constitution.
FT: True mostly. Liberals see the Constitution largely as roadblock to their march towards "Progress." They love it, however, when they can find a way to use quotations from it to further their aims and ambitions.
10. Liberals would enforce Political Correctness as though it were the law of the land.
FT: True. They have already made many giant steps in that direction.
11. Liberals are some of the biggest hypocrites in public life.
FT: True –– especially of some of the most prominent liberals, but not of the rank and file most of whom are either True Believers or who cynically support The Nanny State as their ticket to free lunches and free rides forever.
12. Liberals respect the First Amendment only when speaking THEIR views.
FT: True. If not true, it certainly looks that way.
13. Liberals believe that a liberal government ALWAYS knows what's best for everyone.
FT: True. If they didn't believe that, they wouldn't be liberals, but it doesn't matter much, because conservatives think the same thing.
14. Liberals are taxing citizens at higher rates than most kings of the past have ever done.
FT: Maybe true –– maybe false. We need Finntann to give us reliable statistics on that. Personally, I suspect it is true.
15. Liberals want everyone to follow every mindless trend or fad.
FT: False. As brainless a sweeping statement as any I've heard.
16. Liberals talk compassion for victims, yet would gladly create a multitude of victims by taking away our means self defense.
FT: Generally false, but partially true. Their compassion for victims is often bogus. Liberals love to use the tragedies and serious problems of victim groups to aggrandize their political power. Guns are not that important. Creating and perpetuating an ever increasing number of welfare dependents is at the heart of their ambitions.
17. Liberals are some of the most superficial individuals alive.
FT: False and very stupidly so. Many of the most brilliantly creative, enterprising, highly successful people are liberals.
18. Liberals want a constitution with one rule only: OBEY the GOVERNMENT.
FT: False. A vast over-simplification. It is true, however, that liberals favor and demand obedience and submission to their precepts and dictates as much as any fascist ever did.
19. Liberals look at life and society from a very narrow perspective.
FT: True and false. That could be said of any identifiable faction, minority or splinter group. Magnanimity has always been in short supply.
20. Liberals present myriad solutions to problems that don’t work, because liberals know so many things that aren't true.
FT: True. The near-quote from Ronald Reagan holds much validity. Liberals will never admit their "solutions" don't work, however, they will just tell you their methods haven't been tried well enough or long enough to prove their efficacy.
This is the first in a five-part series.
Tomorrow we shall examine the next twenty assertions
from Sunday's list of One-Hundred Reasons
Why You Should Hate Liberals.